|The Commercial Rehabilitation Program offers up to a $25,000 loan to commercial property owners in South Gate. This program requires a dollar for dollar match by the property owner. Eligible improvements include:
- Facade Improvements
- Sign Improvements
- Site Improvements (landscaping, planters, parking lots, trash enclosures) if plainly visible from the front of the building.
- Health and safety code violations - if needed, these improvements will be required to participate, and must be part of an overall aesthetic improvement.
- Changes needed to provide handicap access to and use of building
- Security measures (limited to exterior lighting, roll-up security grills and heavier gauge exterior doors.
The Business Improvement Loan Program also offers up to a $25,000 loan to South Gate business owners. This program does not require a match. Eligible improvements will include:
- Interior improvements- plumbing, lighting/ electrical, HVAC, ceilings, floor covering, walls and partitions, and wall coverings.
- Machinery and equipment
- Energy and environmental improvements will be considered on a case-by-case basis- i.e. solar roofing panels, energy efficient windows, roof insulation etc.
- Health and safety code violations
For more information on either of these programs, please e-mail Kathy Johnston or call (323) 563-9589